Opening tabs?

micky d 09:18 13 Aug 08

Hi all, i hope someone understands this & can help. It's not a problem as such,just a minor annoyance.

Right, after experiencing problems with Anitvirus 2008(as well as a sluggish computer along with not being able to perform a system restore) i decided to restore to factory settings. It's worked like a dream & as well as getting rid of Antivirus 2008 my system now runs quicker than an athelete on steroids.

My minor irritation is that now if i want to open another web page from my favourites list as well as this one,for example, then i have to open another IE page & then click on a page from favourites. Before i restored,my favourites list had arrows to the right hand side of each entry & i could open as many tabs as i wanted.

My question is, how do i get those tabs or arrows back? Is there something i have to download from Microsoft or something?

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers.

micky d 09:22 13 Aug 08

Sorry, forgot to say................i'm on XP home.

micky d 09:35 15 Aug 08

I take it no-one knows how to do it then..........?

Bah,humbug!

ire 09:49 15 Aug 08

have you tried opening new tabs with the middle mouse button

micky d 10:07 15 Aug 08

Thanks for the reply ire.

I haven't got a middle button on my mouse just a scroll wheel.

I could open tabs before i restored to factory settings so i presume i originally got the option through windows/microsoft updates or maybe it was a toolbar i had installed or maybe there's an option i haven't found in the file/edit/tools menu.

Any help greatly appreciated as it's getting very annoying.

rawprawn 10:30 15 Aug 08

IE 7 Pro will do it for you.
click here

What version of ie?
Have you done security /software updates via windows update etc since factory restore.?
If Ie7,tools>internet options>general>tabs>settings>is enabled tabbed browsing ticked?

micky d 11:08 15 Aug 08

I think that might be the problem rawprawn.

I vaguely remember updating to IE7 some while ago so my computer must of come with IE6 installed.

Will give your link a whirl.

Have done all updates,*Raven*, and i tried your suggestion of tools>internet options,etc. but had no "enabled tabbed browsing" option so it must be as rawprawn has said.

micky d 11:08 15 Aug 08

I think that might be the problem rawprawn.

I vaguely remember updating to IE7 some while ago so my computer must of come with IE6 installed.

Will give your link a whirl.

Have done all updates,*Raven*, and i tried your suggestion of tools>internet options,etc. but had no "enabled tabbed browsing" option so it must be as rawprawn has said.

micky d 12:45 15 Aug 08

Sorry for the double post.

Well, i downloaded IE7 pro but still no 'tabs' in my favourites list.

I hope i'm making myself clear.

I used to be able to click on a link in my favourites list and i would click on the arrow that appeared next to the link, i.e. Welcome - PC Advisor, then it would open a new tab but as it is now no arrow appears & if i click on a link then the page i'm on (my homepage for example) is replaced by the link i've just clicked instead of opening a new tab.

I think i'm confusing myself now.

It looks like your on ie6?Ie7 pro is a addon that though works on ie6 may need ie7 to have full functionality,not sure though.
from within internet explorer,check,help>about internet explorer for version and post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…