opening read only files on disk

Qsand 20:02 13 Apr 06

Does anyone know of a way to open read only files on cd disk so that it is possible to edit text without erasing ,editing and then copying the text again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:06 13 Apr 06

You cannot edit a file on a CD R disk,

if the disk is a cd RW then will work as if a hard drive.
to make file editable , right click select proerties. th un tick read only box

bluto1 22:20 13 Apr 06

<>

bluto1 22:23 13 Apr 06

<>

woodchip 22:27 13 Apr 06

You have to first copy the file to your Hard Drive, then right click the file\Properties and change from read only to Archive.

When you burn files to CD or DVD it changes them to Read Only you can change these in batches. if you want to know how just say

Qsand 08:44 14 Apr 06

Thanks for the tip, but when I clicked file\properties and removed the read only tick on a cd RW I get'error applying attributes' with ignore (highlighted) ignore all and retry. I remove tick, click ignore and then get 'access denied' I have tried every combination but wind up back at square one! So now mistified.

woodchip 10:18 14 Apr 06

You cannot do it on the CDRW you can only do that when the file is on the Hard Drive

woodchip 10:19 14 Apr 06

You cannot do it on the CDRW you can only do that when the file is on the Hard Drive

PS you would then have to resave to CDRW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…