Opening .pps files

Farleyjim 13:13 31 Dec 11

Since having Windows 7(Home Premium) I cannot open a pps Powerpoint file just by clicking on at I could before, when it comes attached to an email. I have to move the attachment to the desktop, open Powerpoint and then select the pps file from the desktop.I am using Office 2003. Any ideas?

northumbria61 13:18 31 Dec 11

Take a look here enter link description here

Farleyjim 14:16 31 Dec 11

Thanks Northumbria61, but I am running Powerpoint 2003 on Windows 7. Your link refers to Vista running Powerpoint 2007.

Farleyjim 14:16 31 Dec 11

Thanks Northumbria61, but I am running Powerpoint 2003 on Windows 7. Your link refers to Vista running Powerpoint 2007.

northumbria61 14:23 31 Dec 11

Yes I was aware but the problem appears to be a File Association one - try the following (which was in the link)

Windows Vista

Click Start , and then click Control Panel.

Note The next steps document Control Panel in Classic View. To access this view, click Classic View in the left pane.
Double-click Default Programs, and then click the Associate File Type or Protocol with a Program option.
In the File Types list, search for the file type and the extension of the file that you want to open. If it exists, select the file type.
Click Change Program:
    Select Microsoft Office PowerPoint, if it is in the list.
    If it is not in the list, click Browse, and then locate the file path for the program.

Note By default, PowerPoint 2007 is installed in the following location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Powerpnt.exe.
Click OK , and then close any remaining windows.
  Sea Urchin 16:01 31 Dec 11

You could try downloading the PowerPoint Viewer

from here

if unsuccessful with Northumbria61's solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…