Opening picture attachments

Nero6 10:29 10 Mar 10

When I attempt to open a picture attachment it opens in Word and all that appears is a page of hieroglyphics.

Help please.

Technotiger 10:44 10 Mar 10

You should be able to right-click on the picture and then choose which program to open it with - or, right-click and then Save to, your 'My Pictures'.

VoG II 10:46 10 Mar 10

If you are running Windows XP click here

Nero6 14:00 10 Mar 10

When I right click on the attachment I get an "Open" option with no choice of programme and a "Save As" option not a "Save To"

Technotiger 14:02 10 Mar 10

OK, take the save as option, and choose to save as .jpg if that option is listed in the drop-down menu.

Nero6 14:34 10 Mar 10

The only option is "JPEG image" and if I save as this I get the hieroglyphics.

Technotiger 14:39 10 Mar 10

Hmm, what is the source of the picture/attachment?

I assume it is a email attachment - can the sender not re-send it?

VoG II 14:41 10 Mar 10

And which version of Windows?

Nero6 14:53 10 Mar 10

The picture is an E-mail attachment from a company in Pakistan. Would re-sending it make any difference.

XP Home edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3

VoG II 14:57 10 Mar 10

Did you try the fix I posted click here

Technotiger 14:58 10 Mar 10

Yes, it could make a difference, the first one could have become corrupted in transit. If you can contact them, make sure they send it as a .jpeg, and it may perhaps be better to Insert it in their email rather than as a attachment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…