Opening photoshop files

LATTY 14:33 22 Jan 04

I have sent Photoshop images (JPEG) created in Photoshop 5.5 from an Apple Mac as an e-mail attachment to my home AOL address. I am trying to open these images on a PC in Photoshop 6 but it doesn't recognise the files I have sent.
Why is this?

Filch 16:16 22 Jan 04

Go to click here and scroll down to 'Photoshop & Adobe Image Ready'; there is a forum for Mac and one for Win. Some one should be able to answer your question.

ventanas 16:40 22 Jan 04

Macs do not use file extensions, when you save the file on your mac you have to physically add the extension when you name the file, eg

The PC should now be able to recognise the files.

Stuartli 16:51 22 Jan 04

One possible solution:

click here

Also mentioned in:

click here

-First file I opened was a PS 5.5 Jpeg I created for VR work (35 in all for this object VR). It opens quickly (the Altivec is working) and it opens to a Black & White palette! Everything is in Black and White!

I must do some digging and troubleshooting to see what I missed (ahem Adobe) as to why this is happening. So much for going smoothly!

Sincerely, Ed Sikorski

Subject: Photoshop 6

A few notes on customer comments about Photoshop 6--

If AltiVecCore is caushing crashes or locking of the machine, most likely the customer has a defective CPU, motherboard or RAM. The AltiVec code has not changed significantly since the initial release for Photoshop 5.5. We did find some timing problems with the oldest G4/400 machines, and worked around them during beta testing. The shipping version does not cause any known problems on those machines, or any other G4 machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…