Opening Photos

Rogerthedog 16:02 01 Oct 03

A friend has emailed a photo to me but when I click on the attachment nothing happpens. Do I need something special on my computer to open photos?

JFT 16:18 01 Oct 03

Are you using Outlook Express?
If you are it sound as though it set up to block attachments. To disable - Tools>Options>Security>Uncheck"Do not allow attachments to be............."

Simsy 16:31 01 Oct 03

It is normal practice to email a photo as a "jpeg", (though some folks do send .bmp files, which tend to be much larger). If it is something else then you might need something special to open it.

What type of file is it, i.e. what is the extension at the end of the name?

regards,

Simsy

johnnyrocker 16:31 01 Oct 03

if you dont feel that to be a safe option just click on forward and the missing pic will appear.

cheers.

johnny.

Rogerthedog 16:36 01 Oct 03

tried that Johnny - no luck I'm afraid

Rogerthedog 16:46 01 Oct 03

The person who sent it has just sent it in a different format and it's worked. Thanks for your efforts though guys - hope I haven't wasted anybodys' time.

Simsy 17:43 01 Oct 03

following sent to me by email...

"Thanks mate - it's come from the states.
The attachment reads DCP_1429.ink

The main body of the email reads
C:\My Documents\ME\DCP_1429.JPG"

The attachment actally, probably, ends with the extention, lnk, not ink. (It stands for "link")

The reason it didn't work is because you were sent a shortcut to the file, not the file itself. this has obviuosly been rectified with the subsequent email.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…