Opening Packard Bell PC Case

Jodakist 17:11 17 May 09

Please can anyone tell me how to open my Packard Bell PC case?
I have removed 2 screws from the rear of one side and slid that side off but it shows the chassis, so it is the other side panel that I need to remove but I can't see how it is fitted on?
I only want to change the battery so don't want to have to pay workshop fees for such a simple job.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
David

rdave13 17:28 17 May 09

If I remember correctly, looking at the PC from the rear, on right hand side there should be some plastic 'lugs' you slide to release the panel. On the model I saw there was also a hinged plate that secured graphics card etc. Your model might be different though.

crosstrainer 17:33 17 May 09

If you can post model, I can give you detailed instructions, bear in mind that if it's still under warranty, then take it back...Along with several other makes I could mention, they are not user friendly!

Jodakist 17:42 17 May 09

Thank you rdave13 and crosstrainer for your replies. The pc is now out of warranty so I am ok to play with it!

I now have the side off (so easy when someone tells you how!), I now just hope that it is the battery that is low, if not I may be making another post about how do you get the thing to boot!!!!

Thank you both again,

David

rdave13 17:51 17 May 09

Just a word of warning. On the PC I saw there is a kind of plastic chain links holding down the fan and cooler fins on the CPU and it only takes a nudge to lever it off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…