opening outlook express 6

galatic door 09:57 22 Sep 03

Hi all,

I am using outlook express 6 and it seems to take about 40 seconds at least to open.
My co worker is also using this program and his opens straight away.
The only difference in computers is that his has more ram than mine.
Anybody got any clues?

regards

Mark

MAJ 10:05 22 Sep 03

To start with, galatic door, make sure it's not stuffed full of emails with attachments, check that the folders, Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, any you've created yourself, etc. are cleared out of all unnecessary emails. Yes more memory helps, if you have very little to begin with.

galatic door 10:07 22 Sep 03

I am only running 128mb ram
It is not stuffed full of emails with attachments either so could that be the cause?

hoverman 10:09 22 Sep 03

Have you removed or disabled MS Messenger? Look at this earlier posting click here

galatic door 10:12 22 Sep 03

I dont have that running as it is not on my system at all
Thanks
for the thread though
i will try boosting the ram see if that works

hoverman 10:44 22 Sep 03

Has Messenger ever been installed on your system? I was under the impression that it normally is with Windows installation. If it has then the two registry entries which are known to cause this slowdwon might well be still there. I would suggest you check anyway, if only to elinate them as causing the slowdown.

galatic door 10:50 22 Sep 03

i have looked into my system and reinstalled windows messenger.

it is working ok now.
It opens straight away now.

thanks for all the help

:-)

regards

Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…