Opening links in email and web using McAfee

Newby 09:55 15 Mar 05

I have had McAfee for about 8 months and it seems to work fine - except I cannot open links in my email and web from McAfee spamkiller, etc.
e.g. if you were to give me a solution which includes click here I would be unable to open it. It's very frustrating! Any suggestions please?

VoG II 21:34 15 Mar 05

1. Quit all programs that are running.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.

3. Type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

and then click OK.

4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Newby 08:51 18 Mar 05

VoG™, All the items you listed succeeded until I got to "regsvr32 mshtml.dll". This one could not be found. So far it hasn't changed my web or email. Where does this item come from and - is it necessary for correct functioning of my system? What next? Thank you for your help. I am going to try the rest now and see if it makes any difference.

Newby 09:11 18 Mar 05

VoG™, Two existing, undeleted, email messages in Microsoft Outlook are now capable of being opened, but the messages I receive are going into McAfee where I double click the M icon in my task bar to view the blocked and accepted messages. The links in these items are still not accessible. If I make mS outlook my default inbox, etc. I imagine that McAfee will not check for spam, Virus, etc, in which case there's not much point in having McAfee. Am I right. What a todo!!! By the way all the other items you listed "suceeded". Thank you. Newby.

Newby 14:07 24 Mar 05

VoG™, After a lot of "messing about" I have deleted and (touch wood) uninstalled McAfee. I have also uninstalled and reinastalled NTL broadband. Being still unable to access my email (at all) I rang ntl and after a discussion with someone who sounded Indian I was able to access my email, ntl, etc by making Outlook Express my home page. Problem solved! Yhank you for your help. I'm giving McAfee a miss now. I don't seem to be getting the amount of spam that I was getting before. Thank you again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…