Opening jpg's in Photo Magic with Windows XP

TommyT52 23:11 05 Feb 05

I've used Micrografx Photo Magic for a long time, and I really like it. Since moving to Windows XP, when I right-click in explorer, and select "open", Photo Magic opens, but freezes with the message "c:\............*.jpg does not exist" I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end task to close the programme.
The files certainly do exist, and if I open the programme first, then selct File...Open, all works as it should. Any ideas?

Thanks

dogtrack 08:23 06 Feb 05

Maybe a corrupt file in the software. You could uninstall & then reinstall again.

TommyT52 12:21 06 Feb 05

Thanks. I aready tried that, and various compatibility setting ins XP, but still the same effect.

dogtrack 13:51 06 Feb 05

If the old software is having a problem with a newer OS, how about trying to run it using the compatability wizard, via Accessories. You never know, it might just solve the problem.

dogtrack 13:53 06 Feb 05

Oh right, yea. You've tried that. MMmm, sorry, seem to have run out of ideas.

TommyT52 20:42 06 Feb 05

Thanks for staying with this. I'm out of ideas too. I can work around it easily, but it's so frustrating that good software doesn't work properly. Don't you just love how PC's are made easy for the average Joe?

dogtrack 11:51 07 Feb 05

You might fancy trying "irfanview" as an alternative. It's free and google should turn it up for you. At least it does all it says it does. There is the core program and a few plugins to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…