Opening JPEG pictures

Hamish I 23:23 27 Sep 06

My nephew in Australia has sent an email with an attachment containing family pictures which I'm unable to open, through ignorance. JPEG and QuickTime are involved. Where can I find advice about this, please?

Field Division 23:30 27 Sep 06

Have you done a right click and done a OPEN with command? might try and open with fax viewer

isca2 14:34 28 Sep 06

Field division is correct, the full open with title is Windows Picture & Fax Viewer. If the photos are .jpg or .jpeg that should do the trick.

Hamish I 19:05 28 Sep 06

My right click doesn't produce an Open with...
I think the point is I'm unsure where/when to do this.

VoG II 19:39 28 Sep 06

File > save attachments. Save them somewhere convenient (e.g. Desktop) then right click.

isca2 19:40 28 Sep 06

Have you dragged the picture files from your email to a new or existing folder ( My Docs, My Pictures for example ) or onto the desktop. You can't right click when the file(s) still attached to the email client.

Hamish I 23:10 28 Sep 06

My thanks to you all for your help. I have been able to open the pictures thanks to your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…