Opening JPEG files

Kernow999 20:33 10 Jul 05

I have just had a new pc installed.
Formerly, I used Kodak for my photo editing etc and to open JPEG files.
E-mail attachments sjow the Kodak symbol but when trying to open I am told that no pathway exists and to go to Folder Options to create one.
Under JPEG in Folder Options, Kodak is set.
Any suggestions as to why I cannot open them, please?

Thanks

Joe R 20:40 10 Jul 05

Kernow999,

right click on one of the jpeg files, and, go to "open with", scroll down to whatever program to, use and click on.

Kernow999 20:51 10 Jul 05

Tried opening an e-mail attachment. I right-clicked on the attachment but nothing happens. No menu appears.
Any suggestions, please?

VoG II 20:54 10 Jul 05

Save a jpg attachment to your hard drive. Then do as Joe R said. Tick the box that says words to the effect of always use this program to open this type of file.

Danoh 20:58 10 Jul 05

Which Email program do you use?

AOL, OE (Outlook Express), Outlook or do you sign on to an online email service such as Yahoo using Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Kernow999 21:05 10 Jul 05

I use OE.

I saved them, then clicked on the drop down list. Chose Kodak and ticked 'always use.....'.
I went back to open my attachments and it still said that 'this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this task.....'

Sorry.....

VoG II 21:10 10 Jul 05

click here and scroll right to the bottom.

Alternatively, reinstall the Kodak software.

Kernow999 21:23 10 Jul 05

Thank you. That worked for now. It doesn't default to Kodak but at least I can see/open my attachments.

Cheers much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…