Opening Images In MS Paint At Original Size

dogbreath1 14:09 PM 22 Apr 12

I have some rectangular images which, on paper, are 9.6 cm high x 7.6 cm wide.

When scanned at 500 dpi, the resultant images were saved at 1887 pixels high x 1499 pixels wide. When the image properties are checked, the original size is still recorded at 9.6 cm x 7.6 cm, as you'd expect.

I'm trying to merge a number of these images in MS Paint so I can print off 'collages' on single sheets of A4.

I have set the MS Paint image attributes to the equivalent of A4 paper, namely 297 mm high x 210 mm wide, but when I import the first image it is larger than the Paint page. I'm guessing that this is happening because of the default resolution of the Paint page.

A solution would be welcome to enable me to open images in Paint at there original size rather that there size in pixels.

Any help welcome!

john bunyan 14:29 PM 22 Apr 12

I do not use MS paint. It is very basic and I believe the default resolution is 92dpi. For printing the final image for most purposes does not need to exceed 300dpi, but 92 is a bit too little. Most software allows you to define the "background" resolution of the sheet so the problem you encounter does not happen. In my case, using Photoshop, I have a blank saved at 300 dpi and size A4. Then just before copying and pasting the image, I ensure the final resolution is 300dpi, keeping the physical size as required. To save paper I usually use 7x5in to get 2 to a page. If you must use MS paint you could reduce the resolution to 92dpi. If I were you I would instead, use the free where you can do a lot of editing before printing.Have a look at Create a A4 sheet at 300dpi first then proceed as above using to change the resolution.

john bunyan 14:31 PM 22 Apr 12

PS reduce the resolution of your images to 300dpi in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off