Opening IE8 from favorites slowwwww

legalrep 08:47 22 Mar 09

Been using IE8 for a few days and seems ok but when I open from taskbar-favorites it takes ages to open up to 15 seconds! If I open from desktop short cut its about 5-6 seconds is anyone else experiencing the same and is there any way to speed open the opening time from the favorites menu?

sunnystaines 10:08 22 Mar 09

its just some of us get a free portion of treacle i have it too and with opening new tabs.

legalrep 14:03 22 Mar 09

Once open its ok but the slowness opening is so irritating! Do you think it will be addressed because if not I might just revert back to 7!

sunnystaines 14:10 22 Mar 09

same here once opened ok till you open a tab

Graphicool1 16:06 22 Mar 09

I did and look I'm back with good ol'IE7. That caused me a few hiccups initially, but it was nothing compared to the trials and tribulations I got with IE8 and I only had that for one day!

Why make yourselves suffer any more than you need to. Although I didn't try it myself, someone said when he had IE8 installed it also obversely affected the performance of Firefox, something to do with graphics.

Anyway I might have another look in about six months. When MS has has time to recover from the onslaught of verbal stones and arrows from us poor sad sufferers.

legalrep 18:54 22 Mar 09

I did revert and your right like you I'll take another look in a few months time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…