Opening folder

Yimbo 10:09 28 Jan 10

I have a folder in "My Docs" containing a list of my engagements. When I click on the thumbnail, it opens another thumbnail, and clicking on that, opens yet another one. Only by clicking on this do I get into the list. How can I get rid of these intermediate thumbs, and get direct access to the list? I'm using XP Home.

Technotiger 10:14 28 Jan 10

Create another Folder on your Desktop and open that empty folder. Then open all the thumbnails to expose the actual contents, then move all those contents into the new empty folder. Next delete all the thumbnails. Then rename the New Folder and move it into your Documents folder.

johndrew 10:20 28 Jan 10

Navigate to the folder that contains your data. Right click and select "Copy". Navigate to where you want it and Right click in a free area, select "Paste". Delete all the old folders.

Or

Create a new folder outside of the existing one. Go to you list of engagements, then "Edit/Select all" then with the mouse pointer in the highlighted area right click and select "Copy". Go to your new folder put the arrow over it, right click and select "Paste". Delete all the old folders.

Double check your data before emptying the "Recycle Bin".

Yimbo 10:25 28 Jan 10

Thanks Technotiger! Easy when you know how! I appreciate your help!

Yimbo 10:28 28 Jan 10

Sorry, johndrew - missed your post when replying to Technotiger! I've tried your suggection on another similar folder, and it works! So thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now