Opening up Epson R220 Pringter

redeyenewby 11:39 21 Nov 10

My R220 stopped printing a couple of days ago and, after going onto the PC Advisor's Helproom I tried the SSC programme. My on/off light comes on when Iswitch on and immediately switches off leaving the ink and paper lights flashing. I can't get anywhere with it. Grasping the nettle I have ordered a PX720WD Multifunction - which sounds great. O.K. I decided to see if I could open up the R220 to get the ink pad out for cleaning and have another go at starting up the R220. I know it is a faint hope but, for the sake of progress and to satisfy my curiousity I'd like to do it. I have removed the two screws holding the 2 end pieces on and sprung them but something seems to be stopping the ends from coming iff and I can't see anything that can prevent them. Any ideas, Guys? Has anyone had one to bits? What's the catch? Cheers, redeyenewby

johndrew 12:16 21 Nov 10

Have a look click here it offers a lot of information. Also click here and click here

redeyenewby 17:21 27 Nov 10

johndrew, Thank you for your threads. The 1st. one has given me a detailed exploded view of the R220. It is sufficcient for me to assess the main connections (i.e. screws) to allow me to disassembly it. Hopefully successfully. Whatever the outcome. Thank you. Newby Stanley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac