Opening downloaded files

loopyloo 16:16 17 Apr 05

Everytime I download files/programs from the internet they download fine but when I come to open the folder in the download box it won't open. The only way I can open them is long and winded, go to the place I saved them to and do it that way. I can't understand why this has started to happen. Anyone help?

rawprawn 16:37 17 Apr 05

IE6 ? XP SP2? Firefox? if it's IE do you get a box showing Open Folder when the download is finished.

loopyloo 14:42 18 Apr 05

Yes I get the box when the download is finished either saying "run" or "open folder" but for some reason when I click open folder it does nothing. I have tken off IE6 and reinstalled and SP2 and reinstalled to see if it would clear it but does not.

sounds more like you need all programs updating especially ie6 Check whta your antivirus firewall settings are set at. You often have to shut down firewall to install downloads

rawprawn 15:45 18 Apr 05

Try running a system file check. Start / Run / type sfc /scannow and hit OK. you may need your XP disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…