opening compressed files

aceguy 11:25 20 Jul 04

i have three music files which i downloaded - the problem is i cant open these files?? i have winzip and winrar on my pc but none of these can open these files. i have done all i can trying to read file name in properties, but ther aint none - i have tried use the net service to find program but have had no luck! any help would be great. cheers!!!

Giggle n' Bits 11:30 20 Jul 04

select properties what type of file is is or maybe the place you downloaded from will tell you.
Maybe you need to have Quick Time or Real Player ?
If you open Windows Media player and open the folder/downloaded file it may play from there.

Ideally we need to know the name of the type of file.

aceguy 11:35 20 Jul 04

is ther any other way of getting what kind of file it is other than in properties??? al give realplayer a shot now!!!

aceguy 11:44 20 Jul 04

no luck there i think the only way to open this file is to find the program it was compressed with!!!!

aceguy 20:40 20 Jul 04

aint there a way to change these files so they can be opened with winrar / winzip????

Valvegrid 20:45 20 Jul 04

Try this one:

click here

Valvegrid 20:48 20 Jul 04

Forgot to ask, is there an extension to the files?

aceguy 20:54 20 Jul 04

no extension to the files!!

aceguy 21:15 20 Jul 04

av gave up and deleted the files!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…