opening a bios .bin file?

pookie 13:36 28 Sep 04

hi

soft modding my sapphire x800pro graphice to x800xt pe. found several articles that tell how to do this.

when i download the xtpe bios it saves as a .bin - when i double click on it, it won't open. how do i open a .bin bios download?

many thanks

P

TomJerry 15:48 28 Sep 04

Flash Bios should be taken seriously. You may destory it.

*.bin files are binary files (you cannot read them unless you use special program), they are for bios or firmware flash/upgrade. Normally, a specail program (supplied by component manufacturer) is need for bios flash or firmware updates.

It sounds like you are trying to upgrade firmware in your G-card.

If you do flash upgrade to any component without use manufacturer's official program and release, you run into double risk. (1) You may make it unuseable (2) Manufacturer will not honour warrenty.

pookie 20:25 28 Sep 04

hi and thanks for replies.

i'm following instructions from magazine and i've already downloaded flashrom - do i use that to open .bin bios.

i am aware of possible temperature problems due to increase stock speeds from x800pro to x800xtpe (from 475/450 to 520/560) but i have decided not to flash to xtpe. instead you can flash x800pro to unlock the extra 4 pipelines but keeping your existing stock speeds ie no temp increase but 16 pipes instead of 12. mine is the vivo version which has 100% success rate (aparently).

back to flashrom - do i use that to open .bin files.

cheers

P

TomJerry 21:59 28 Sep 04

?

pookie 20:13 29 Sep 04

many thanks guys

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…