//some 3rd party need geo

Opening attachments from Wanadoo

Rhuddlan 23:49 09 Jun 04

I have recived an attachment with an e mail from my ISP Wanadoo, it tells me to right click on the attachment and selct save target as, i do this and choose to save it in my docs and when I go to open it a page cannot be displayed error message appears, i have refreshed the page but nothing happens. I have also tried clicking on the attchment in my inbox but the same page displays, this seems to happen now with every attachment I get, I have tried opening it through ie and msn explorer, but the same thing happens, can't be bothered conatcing Wandoo, as they will reply in about a week like last time, hope someone can help, Rhuddlan.

VoG II 23:56 09 Jun 04

1) be careful click here

2) Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Rhuddlan 00:12 10 Jun 04

I cannot see that option to save attachments in the secruity tab, there is no option of this in the advanced tab too, regards, Rhuddlan.

VCR97 19:55 10 Jun 04

Are you looking at Outlook Express options or Internet Explorer internet options? It's definitely there in OE.

Rhuddlan 23:22 10 Jun 04

I am looking on the Wanadoo website, my e mail account through that is where the attachment is stored, it is not in outlook express, I don't use that.

VoG II 23:25 10 Jun 04

There is a strong possibility that this is a virus. If you were not expecting this e-mail, contact the sender, See my post above.

Rhuddlan 23:59 10 Jun 04

I was expecting this e mail, it is a statement of my account with Wanadoo, so i need to view it, any other ideas? Like I said earlier, when I click on the attachment, another web page opens, with no attachment, the same happens when I try to open it through msn explorer, and yet again the same happens, when I choose to save the target to my docs or the desktop, regards, Rhuddlan.

johnnyrocker 00:13 11 Jun 04

delete and get them to re send and ask the format.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…