Open Source Web Design Software

HighTower 19:40 30 Apr 07

Anyone used any open source web design software? Until Dreamweaver is released for Linux (pretty unlikely in my lifetime!!) I'd be interested to hear of peoples experiences.

P1d 10:42 01 May 07

Try this click here

I use the portable version from my usb flash drive available here click here I find it pretty easy to use and navigate around, it enables you to use the wysiwyg editor or edit the code directly.

Good luck.

Bandy 10:53 01 May 07

I have used NVU quite successfully over period.

There is also a slightly updated version by the name of Kompozer which I am currently using.

Both programmes are available in Windows and Linux formats which I find very useful because I've been using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn recently - which I like by the way.

Having the same programme available to two systems is a decided advantage to me.

P1d 11:11 01 May 07

I'm glad someone else uses NVU and finds it successful.

I had seen Kompozer but wasn't sure whether to give it a try or not but now someone has recommended it I have downloaded it and will be giving it a test.

Thanks.

HighTower 15:19 01 May 07

I too have played with Ubuntu and really like it. If only Adobe would release Photoshop and Dreamweaver for Linux - if they did then that would be me sorted!

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll give them a blast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5