+++ open office WP programme +++

pcdimwit 15:48 19 Dec 10

I currently have a copy of Microsoft Word installed on my laptops (its not a genuine copy so I get "remind m later" windows popping up when I try to use it, I have just downloaded an update from Java and it had an advert with it to download a free WP programme called "open office" that is compatible with all the other programmes which Microsoft's Word programme is compatible with. My question is: would you recommend me to donwload the Open Office programme, and is it easy to use? - I only use WORD for writing letters and making small notices in large fonts etc., thanks PCDIMWIT

Sea Urchin 15:57 19 Dec 10

Yes I would recommend you download it - and it is just as easy to use as Word

Batch 16:15 19 Dec 10

Open Office is a well known freely available alternative to the likes of Microsoft Office.

If you have any concerned about its provenance, see click here, which should re-assure you.

Jameslayer 16:17 19 Dec 10

I use open office.

bretsky 16:37 19 Dec 10

Used it for many years click here and to see who uses it click here

bretsky ;0)

pcdimwit 16:44 19 Dec 10

Hi, thanks for that, I dont do "fancy" things like spreadsheets and ledger accounts etc., just installed it on the Vista laptop, was annoying to keep getting the "this is not a genuine copy of Microsoft word....." window because of the copy which a friend gave me for the MS Word programme, will play around with this open office WP prog. and save some documents from it and see how it goes, thanks PCDIMWIT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…