open office spreadsheet

brigtoo 12:33 02 Apr 06

i am using open office for the first time and want to print off a spreadsheet to include the column lines on the print out. can anyone point me in the right direction please.

johnnyrocker 12:37 02 Apr 06

have you clisked on borders and inserted them first?

johnny.

brigtoo 12:45 02 Apr 06

if you mean borders from tool bar with selection of 12 options i selected last one but no joy on print or is there more required

pj123 13:39 02 Apr 06

Just installed it on my PC. Had a play around. Think I found what you want. Can't have just Row headers though. It has to be Row and Column headers.

Go to Format, Page, Sheet. Tick the box Column and Row headers.

johnnyrocker 14:47 02 Apr 06

well in calc ( as opposed to math) i just drew up a rough chart, added the lines and printed ok

johnny.

pj123 15:23 02 Apr 06

johnnyrocker, so your printout includes the:

A, B, C, D, E, etc column headers across the top of the printout?

I read the query as the printout needs to show the column headers, as A, B, C, D, etc.

But that can't be done. You can only show the column headers and the row headers 1, 2, 3, etc. as well.

If that is not what is wanted I apologise. If he/she just wants a printed "down" line between the columns then, yes, borders is the way to go.

johnnyrocker 15:27 02 Apr 06

that was my interpretation of the post (i may be wrong, tis not uncommon;))

johnny.

pj123 15:41 02 Apr 06

Thanks, johnnyrocker. Perhaps we will get a definitive answer from brigtoo telling us what it is exactly he/she wants from the printout.

brigtoo 23:08 02 Apr 06

i realise i wasnt very clear. i need to print out the spreadsheet to include all that is on the screen i.e. lines between columns and rows, column and row headers including all data in headers and cells.
sorry im late with this but ive been to work.

VoG II 23:32 02 Apr 06

If OO is anything like Excel then these options would be under File|Page Setup or similar.

terryf 23:46 02 Apr 06

In Excel it is format>cells>Border. You select the cells that you want to have liones around and the borders allows you to put a border around the cells you have selected and the fill in around the cells inside by clicking on a cross symbol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac