Open Office problem

old jim 19:41 18 Jun 04

Hi all
Has anyone any idea how to make Open Office org, multi user.
I have set-up my laptop, running XP Home, so that I have two user accounts, one as administrator, for installing software and general maintenance, and the another as a restricted user, for accessing the Internet, my problem is I would like to be able to use Ooo in both accounts.

At the moment in the restricted user account I find I can save a document, but after I close the application, I get error messages, referring the main account, (I am sorry but I cannot include a screen shot at the moment).

I have tried installing OOo in All Users, and also copy and pasting from the main account to the restricted account, but so far nothing works, I have a feeling I am missing something obvious.

Hoping someone can point me I the right direction.
Regards
Jim

pmjd 20:10 18 Jun 04

I think it involves copying a file called sversion.ini from your user directory to the user who needs it's directory.

It can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data

Be sure to have the option to view hidden folders and settings on to make sure you can find the file

If that isn't it try the OOo forum, I think that is where I found the answer to a similar problem
click here

Cheers,
Paul

old jim 20:38 18 Jun 04

Thank Paul, I will pop over and look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…