open office impress wont save as win xp

johnnyrocker 19:11 19 Jun 06

i have made a powerpoint type presentation using the above but am unable to save it in an ms compatible format, any ideas please or will i have to get ms office?

johnny.

ade.h 20:03 19 Jun 06

click here shows the box that I got when I tested it just now, but by ignoring the warning, I managed to save it successfully. This was from the Save menu rather than the Export... menu. Are you getting the same warning, or is it not saving at all?

Belatucadrus 20:05 19 Jun 06

I've never had any problems saving either OpenOffice or Star presentations as Powerpoint files, are you using any exotic graphics or transition affects that don't translate to ppt ?

johnnyrocker 23:25 19 Jun 06

i do not get that box i get "may not be able to save in format y/n options" select y and am a bit later confronted with a box with a red cross stating unable to save as requested.

Belatucadrus
nothing special just photos from a recent holiday and no special transitions to my knowledge.all other saved works is ok in ms
my thanks to you both for help so far.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 08:46 20 Jun 06

day shift?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 17:45 20 Jun 06

any other offers?

johnny.

ade.h 18:36 20 Jun 06

I can't think of anything else, unfortunately. I don't use OO2 very much, as MS Office 2000 is still my preferred suite despite its age.

octal 18:43 20 Jun 06

Sorry I can't really help you because mine seems to work fine, using Xandros Linux.

Do you think its worth have a word on the OO Impress forum?

click here

johnnyrocker 18:51 20 Jun 06

cheers gent i will try that and tick for now.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 18:51 20 Jun 06

cheers gent i will try that and tick for now.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac