open office by email - what am I doing wrong?

mco 19:28 07 May 04

I haven't got Word; I use openoffice because it came free with my pc. I've tried to send documents as attachments (to daughter for practice) but they come out garbled. What am I doing wrong? From hotmail, I click on attach, browse my documents, put file in ,etc and it sends ok. I tried saving document in word97/xp/ format but she says it still comes out garbled. I need to email minutes of a meeting to a group of people but obviously I can't if I don't know where I'm going wrong! Please help!

Diodorus Siculus 20:36 07 May 04

Try saving as RTF - rich text format - Word should open it fine then.

Reformat 20:59 07 May 04

Best is _Open Office opens almost all.
Problem _Windows not is not so kind.
Get the receivers to install Open Office and all your problems wil go away in an instant
Respectfully yours

mco 22:08 07 May 04

thanks reformat but I don't think I can realistically get all receivers to use openoffice cos one of them was a national newspaper (but then you'd have thought they'd know how to anyway?) I'll try saving to rich text format and trying that diodorus siculus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…