open office database problem

widdy 12:34 PM 19 Jan 12

I have created a database in open office and included a "Notes" field. However when text is entered into this field it is copied across to all records and is not exclusive to its proper record. I have checked all properties of both this field and an alternative field and they appear to be the same. Its driving me mad, any help is most appreciated Thanks

Woolwell 22:57 PM 19 Jan 12

How are you entering the data into the notes field? Is notes on a subform?

widdy 08:36 AM 20 Jan 12

Thanks for your interest. Its not on a sub form. I just double click on the form and write in the apprpriate box as I did with the other fields e.g. e-mail field.

Woolwell 20:31 PM 22 Jan 12

I have had a play with Open Office database which I only have on my laptop (hence the delay as I don't use it every day) and I cannot replicate your problem. What did you state as the format of the notes field? How are you filling the fields in? If this is through a form then I can only think that you have inadvertently set up a sub form and I would suggest that you delete the form and create a new one.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…