open office 2.0

maccster 11:52 18 Feb 06

i'm currently trying to install open office and have so far downloaded it on to my computer but now i can't actuallt open it to use. i have an icon on my desktop which when clicked takes me to the installation files and licences. if i click any of the install files it just brings up a long list of the separate components. any help please.

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:54 18 Feb 06

If there is, click that to execute.

johnnyrocker 11:58 18 Feb 06

it leaves an installation folder on desktop but you can find it and open/run through programs/all programs

johnny.

Belatucadrus 12:25 18 Feb 06

Have a look in the start menu for Openoffice 2.0, it doesn't put any program access icons on the desktop. Ignore the installation files, in fact you can delete them.

maccster 15:42 18 Feb 06

ok tried all of the above and still nothing. open office isn't on the start menu,there isn't a execute file and all programs does nothing. ?????????

Belatucadrus 16:14 18 Feb 06

The main .exe file you should have is called OOo_2.0.1_Win32Intel_install.exe, running it will first unzip the installation files to the desktop, then install the program. For some reason your installation appears to have halted almost before it's begun, try running it again.

maccster 16:42 18 Feb 06

what i've done is un-installed it and now installed it again and it is now working fine. thank you all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…