Open in new page

Survey Surfer 13:21 05 Jan 06

Can you advise me what code I need to add to a web page to make it 'open in a new page'?

Regards,
Jezzy

beynac 14:29 05 Jan 06

Try:

<A HREF="newpage.htm" TARGET="_new">Page name</A>

The Ghost of Inept Pig 16:15 05 Jan 06

<A HREF="newpage.htm" TARGET="_blank">Page name</A>

beynac 16:38 05 Jan 06

I think they both give the same result. I'm not sure what the difference is. I just happened to use "_new" the first time I did it and I've stuck with it!

beynac 16:52 05 Jan 06

Very interesting! I checked in my HTML reference books and "_blank" is correct. I can't remember where I got the "_new" from, but it appears to be wrong. I have experimented with this and it appears that, if you put a hyphen followed by anything that is not a "magic code", the page will open in a new window. eg "_wen" and "_zoob" both work. Oh well, I had better go and change my website!

beynac 17:14 05 Jan 06

Sorry, should have said "underscore" not "hyphen" in the above.

Forum Editor 17:27 05 Jan 06

You should use 'blank'.

If you want more than one link to open a new page you don't have to code each one individually, you can set a default for your webpage like this:

<base target="_blank">

Survey Surfer 19:06 05 Jan 06

Thanks for the help!

What about code for 'bookmark this page' ?

marteeny 19:19 05 Jan 06

hi all this is a long shot .is there anyone that could advise or talk to me direct about about my web site and google as im new to all this
thanks. marteeny

The Ghost of Inept Pig 20:02 05 Jan 06

There's a guide on how to produce a 'Bookmark this page' link - click here

ade.h 20:28 05 Jan 06

Well, I'm glad that what I thought was correct and have used so far, is correct! I had avoiding responding in case I was wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…