Open My documents

helpsortit 09:52 09 Aug 03

how do I open my documents with a single click in explorer window from XP start menu

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:09 09 Aug 03

1) Open the Start Menu, right-click the My Documents icon and select Show On Desktop from the pop-up menu.

2) Drag the My Documents icon from the Desktop onto the Quick Launch bar, immediately to the right of the Start button. If you can?t see the icon in the Quick Launch bar, unlock the Taskbar (right-click in an empty spot on the Taskbar and, if there?s a tick (checkmark) beside the Lock The Taskbar option, select the option to disable it).

3) Now drag the horizontal divider between the Quick Launch area and the programme launch area to the right until your new icon is visible. Then relock the Taskbar by reselecting the Lock The Taskbar option.

4) If you desire, remove the Desktop My Documents icon by clicking Start, right-clicking the My Documents icon on the Start Menu and reselecting Show On Desktop.

G

JIM 10:13 09 Aug 03

Hope this is what you mean.
In the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.

In the Click items as follows section, click Single?click to open an item (point to select).

Note To access Windows Explorer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.

Eastender 10:19 09 Aug 03

or did you want to open Windows Explorer from Start menu to see My documents? If so, I collected this from somewhere:-

If you want Windows Explorer to open to the folder C:\My Documents, right- click the Windows Explorer shortcut that you use to run the program and choose "Properties." At the Windows Explorer Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab. Click in the Target entry box, and then press End. Add to the end of the existing line "/e, c:\My Documents".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…