Open with "maximised" page in IE6

Big B 20:54 10 Aug 03

Hello
I hope someone can help me , how do you get IE6 to open with the page maximised, I cant for the life of me remember how you do it. A minor problem I know but it,s annoying none the less. Thanks
Brian

FRANKMAC 21:06 10 Aug 03

ok try this, from the start menu, select IE fron the menu & right click (does not work from a desktop shortcut) Properties and from the run box select maximised.

hth

Joe McG 21:11 10 Aug 03

Big B,

When you open IE6, use your mouse cursor to pull the window to full size, and then exit.

Next time you open it, it should be full size.

Patr100 22:39 10 Aug 03

If that doesn't stick then open a second window. Stretch to maximise using the mouse. Then press the middle maximise button. Close the first window.Close the second maximised window.

Qmar 23:21 10 Aug 03

click here

..comments ,critisisms welcome..

Big B 19:24 11 Aug 03

Thanks for those suggestions, none of those solved my problem. 1 thing I cant get to happen is to open 2 windows at the same time, I just have the 1 window all the time. Can that be the problem I wonder.
Big B

VoG II 19:34 11 Aug 03

Do not click on the maximize button. Drag the window to fill the screen then File/Close from the menu bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…