Open Graphic Files with Windows Explorer

AlanHo 08:11 03 Jul 03

I have recently had to reformat and reinstall Windows XP Home. Since the reinstall, when I double click a graphics file in Windows Explorer the picture opens in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer. I then have to double click the appropriate button to open the image for editing in my preferred graphics programme, which is Paint Shop Pro.

Before the XP reinstall, double clicking an image file in Windows Explorer immediately launched Paint Shop Pro and opened the file. The Windows Picture and Fax Viewer did not intervene.

How can I get back to the original settings ?

Note that in Windows Explorer > Folder Options > File Types > All graphic files are set to open with Paint Shop Pro. Which they do only after the Windows Picture Viewer intervenes.

User-312386 08:19 03 Jul 03

Right click on the file, select "open with" then select choose programme.

Now look down the list and choose the programme you want the file to open with and then tick the box that sais "allways use the selected program to open this kind of file

AlanHo 08:26 03 Jul 03

Thanks so much - and so simple !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…