Open DBX Files

Hetti 09:12 03 Mar 09

I have some DBX files on desktop after importing from outlook express into win mail, but I cannot open them, is there any simple to ues free software out there to do this?.
I run Win vista, IE 6

rickd 09:28 03 Mar 09

You could try OEview

BurrWalnut 09:30 03 Mar 09

1. When you mport you point to a folder not to a .dbx file, so, create a folder (say DBX Files) and drag your .dbx files to it.

2. In Vista’s Windows Mail go to File > Import > Messages > OE6 > Next > Import Mail and follow the wizard to import your mail boxes from the folder you made above.

3. Once these are imported, a sub-folder named Imported Folder is created for each one imported. Go to it and drag the messages to the proper boxes, e.g. inbox, Sent Items.

BurrWalnut 09:31 03 Mar 09

Whoops, the above should be Import not mport.

Hetti 16:05 04 Mar 09

BurrWalnut

Sorry its taken this long to reply,had to spend quiet a long time sitting in hospital with grandson yesterday so had no time for anything else.

I did as you suggested but when I try to drag he messages into folder I get ....
No messages can be found of another application is using them. Select anpther folder or close all applications....

Which I have tried but makes no difference, by the way the messages have an Adobe icon beside them, I tried ti open them in Adobe but cannot do that eithier.

Maybe Ive done something wrong but i think I follwed your instruction right.

beeuuem 17:14 04 Mar 09

If you get the message that the files are in use by another application try installing Unlocker from click here which may alow you to move the dbx files.

If you want to read the files you could try
click here (although I cannot verify that it works on Vista) or UnDBX 0.12 fromclick here
Having extracted the files to a new folder, using the above, you could drag them from there to the OE Inbox if you wished to save one or all of the mails in OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…