"Open with"

Ade_1 21:51 10 Apr 06

hi, i "tried out" photoshop CS2 but my trial ran out. So i reverted back to using Elements 2.0 however when i uninstalled CS2 all of my PSD files have the icon where it doesnt know which program to open with so whenever i double click on it i have to open with adobe photoshop elements 2.0. Is htere a way to set Elemts as its default?

Mr Beeline 21:56 10 Apr 06

Hi

Try... Windows explorer, Tools, folder options, file types and then choose the correct file type and set the required program to open it.

Jimmy14 22:06 10 Apr 06

I dont know how Adobe expect people to afford £455 to buy CS2. Surely it would be a little cheaper to give most people a chance to buy it.

Ade_1 22:16 10 Apr 06

Hi Mr.Beeline, that worked thanks alot. And just for an update, the graphics card is going great :). I have to agree with you Jimmy, clearly aimed just at businesses.

fitshase 22:17 10 Apr 06

or... right click on the file, select open with.. and choose Elements. Check the "always use this program..." box and click OK.

As for the cost of CS2 - it is designed for use by industry professionals and normally has features the average joe bloggs home user would not even see let alone use. I do a lot of photo work and still prefer Paint Shop Pro for its ease of use. I was given a copy of Photoshop 7 a while back and found it was a very powerful tool but a little hard to get to grips with (hence why there are so many guide books out there which are the thickness of a phone book!).

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…