//some 3rd party need geo

Oops - Can't retreive data from back up cd

Never again 11:48 07 Oct 05

I am having my pc replaced so I thought that I would be a good boy and do a bit of backup and spring cleaning for its new owner.

I am running Win xp home.

I wrote all my docs to cd using xp's cd writer and then deleted them.

When I recently tried to access a document on the cd it would not open. I can see the docs and folders on the cd but no joy. I get a word error message telling me to check the path.

I would prefer to get my data back if possible - does anyone have any suggestions please.

handful 12:05 07 Oct 05

Try copying the files to your hard drive (into My Documents) and open from there.

Never again 12:21 07 Oct 05

I got the following error message.

Error copying file or folder.

cannot copy (then the file name): data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Never again 12:26 07 Oct 05

I've just tried it with another folder and it has copied the folder but when it tries to copy the file I get an error message saying "Error copying file or folder." "cannot copy (file name):cannot read from the source file or disk"

Never again 12:32 07 Oct 05

I just tried another document and it worked from both the cd and my docs folder that I copied it into - why should that be

Chegs ® 12:40 07 Oct 05

Cos some files are corrupt,and others obviously aren't. :-)

I have an app that might be able to assist you recovering the damaged files from your CD,its called CDX Rescue,from PCA coverdisk.I have uploaded it to my server,I will go check the URL and report back soon.

Chegs ® 12:48 07 Oct 05

click here

Any probs with it,email me via the Yellow Envelope.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…