OOo Calc.

TonyV 19:32 22 Jul 09

In open Office 3.1.0, when working in Calc, I seem not to be able to adjust the scale of the x axis in a graph. It appears to be fixed because all the possible choices are greyed out.

How do I get it back so that I can adjust the scale of the x axis?

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 23:58 22 Jul 09

Any one?

TonyV

octal 06:12 23 Jul 09

Mine does the same, try changing the chart to XY (Scatter) and take the ticks out of Automatic then change back to the chart you want, it seems to free up some of the values for you, I'm not sure if it is the ones you need though, you'll have to try it.

TonyV 09:48 23 Jul 09

Tried that. It gets me to do some adjustments, but it will not pick up the date which is what I want in the X axis. Even checked for the "From Source" bit, still it will not pick up the date correctly. In fact with all the automatics removed in the scatter chart, I get a date which bears no relationship to what I want giving a start date of 31/12/1899 to 18/01/1900. It is a we bit before my time!!

TonyV

Strawballs 10:43 23 Jul 09

click here you could try here

TonyV 10:52 23 Jul 09

Will give it a whirl, though will have to wait for a bit as I'm about to go and knock six bells out of a golf ball!!

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 20:43 23 Jul 09

I went through the OOo Help Forum, and despite some conflicting answers and some attempts at help, there appears to be nothing that can sensibly be done to alleviate the problem. I will carry on as I have been and not bother with any scaling. It is something to do with dates being text and not numerical!!

TonyV

Strawballs 22:18 23 Jul 09

Sorry you could not find a solution I just thought if anybody would know they would.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video