Ontrack Systemsuite & ISP connection

plsndrs3 20:41 01 Jun 03

Hi,

Systemsuite offers a virus protector, firewall, disk clean up facility & others. I use all these and have recently upgraded the version per the software's own website - and then my troubles began!

I use Windows XP home and AOL via a ISDN USB modem with the firewall feature switched on [yes, I know this is a bit overkill but I'm security sensitive, OK?]. After the upgrade, the firewall makes the sign on to AOL hang and I have noticed I have 2 icons in the task bar when I used to have 1. If I disable the firewall on either icon, I connect OK - but I'd rather be a belts & braces kinda guy as it means surfing without the firewall & the reason for getting the package it is fully integrated.

It occurs to me that Systemsuite may be loading twice [?] and that this creates the problem as both have the same processes running on a 'right-click'. Any ideas how I can diable one of them without re-installing [I'd have to run the virus updates again!]?

Many thanks all,

Paul

plsndrs3 21:52 01 Jun 03

^Bump^

plsndrs3 11:54 02 Jun 03

^ Bump for one last try ^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…