Onspeed and Windows XP

GRFT 11:31 06 Feb 05

For the past year I've used Onspeed on my Win98se
system and have been very pleased with it. When it's disabled my surfing becomes unbearably slow, and without it I would certainly have gone BB. Now that I've installed XP I just can't get it to work. I've added Onspeed to the Windows Firewall Exceptions but it made no difference. Has anyone any experience of this problem? Thankfully I kept 98SE on another drive so I'm still in touch.

GRFT 09:32 07 Feb 05

The problem appears to be now fixed. Apparently there's a conflict between Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm. It wasn't enough to just disable or shutdown Zone Alarm, it had to be completely removed from the system.

JIM 10:07 07 Feb 05

Glad your sorted out ,was wondering if you used the winxp firewall as well as the Zone Alarm when having trouble with Onspeed?

JIM 10:09 07 Feb 05

re-read your post ,you answered my question.That may have been the trouble.Zonealarm would have been enough i feel.

Stuartli 10:10 07 Feb 05

You would be better served by disabling Windows Firewall permanently and reinstalling ZoneAlarm, which is much superior to the Microsoft version.

Stuartli 10:12 07 Feb 05

By the way this free and effective tweak would have saved you the cost of OnSpeed:

click here

GRFT 15:26 07 Feb 05

I used them one at a time and both together, but only when Zone Alarm was shut down (from the task bar)did it work. So I uninstalled it completely. Thanks Stuartli, I'll try The Scream! one of these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…