OnSpeed used with Broadband?

Quilljar 22:46 28 Feb 05

I note the earlier thread about OnSpeed, but I believe it claims to speed up Broadband itself too, by up to three times. Can anyone confirm this from experience?

Gandalph 23:24 28 Feb 05

No chance. OnSpeed doesn't even work with dial-up so it has no chance with BB.

Quilljar 00:06 01 Mar 05

Gandalf,
If that is the case, why have so many Magazines reviewed it highly? And why is the company expanding?
In fact this highly respected Forum is so far the only place I have read anything against this software!!

No offence, but it seems odd that's all.

Gandalph 00:17 01 Mar 05

I have a friend that has tried it and he has been around Computers since the 70's. I'll say no more. No doubt there will be others around with their views on this. A lot of them will be negative one's as I have read them before.

Jak_1 00:37 01 Mar 05

All they do is compress things, the actual downlod is no faster.
As for reviews, I have read them and they do state that things appeard to download quicker but to do so it has to compress, the pc then has to use resources to decompress.
Try it, if it works well with your useage then fine if not then just delete it.

A case if it works for you then fine if not then no harm done in trying.

As things are I have no probs with 512 Broadband as is and get a good download speed and upload speed.There are a lot of if's and but's but at the end of the day if you are happy with something then that is all that matters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…