"OnSpeed" Dial up booster - any good for web cam?

grish 17:56 06 Sep 06

I currently get about 37KBPS on my dial up connection and have seen (in PC Advisor) an advert for OnSpeed.com, who claim to raise my speed from 30 Kbps to 300 Kbps. I don't want to gamble the £25 if it doesn't work. I mainly need it for MSN Messenger to web cam to my family in the UK. They have Broadband over there and see and hear me immediately, whereas the picture and voice on my web cam freezes for three seconds. Where I am at the moment Broadband costs around £30+ per month and can't justify it, hence grabbing at straws for a faster connection. Any experts out there who could advise Pleeeese!?

lisa02 18:22 06 Sep 06

click here

It will not help with your webcam problem by the looks of things... click here for other comments

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:47 06 Sep 06

click here there is a free version available.

G

bluto1 23:28 06 Sep 06

I`ve had On-Speed for nearly 2 years, and it did`nt seem to make any difference to my connection speeds when I was on Dial-Up. I changed to Broadband in February this year and forgot about it completely. One important thing to note about it is, there is no increase in download speeds whatsoever, nor do they say or imply that there are.

terryf 02:05 07 Sep 06

For a webcam to work successfully, you really need bband IMO, I would have thought that it could be painfull watching webcam pictures change at dial-up speeds, even with bband, I find that my logicam doesn't follow facial movements like a movie camera

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…