Onmouse over commands

Woody Ham 14:43 03 Nov 06

I am including a disabled logo on our website and wish to explain. I can do a pop-up box but one can't design the message. Some may think it's a warning message!

I would rather bring up the explanation by passing the mouse over as happens generally in other applications such as File, Save etc.

I cannot work out how to do it: can anyone help please? I am using Dreamweaver.

AndySD 14:53 03 Nov 06

click here may help

Woody Ham 15:02 03 Nov 06

Many thanks, AndySD. Brilliant.

PurplePenny 22:03 03 Nov 06

Remember that alt text is only supposed to appear when the image is not present: it's function is to convey the same information as the image to anyone who cannot see the image. IE displays the alt text but other browsers don't. (I don't know whether IE7 will display it.)

Alt text shouldn't be used to present additional information as anyone using a browser that doesn't show alt text will miss it.

Why does the logo require an explanation?

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:07 04 Nov 06

that the above link comes up as red in Site Advisor, warning of spyware etc.!

PurplePenny 21:41 04 Nov 06

In that case I think there's a problem with Site Advisor! WebAIM (the destination of AndySD's link) is an established, well respected accessibility organisation.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:29 04 Nov 06

but as I have never used the site I can only go by what I see. click here

PurplePenny 23:58 05 Nov 06

I'll contact Jared from WebAIM tomorrow (don't have his e-mail address at home) and let you know what he has to say.

PurplePenny 16:57 06 Nov 06

I've heard back from Jared of WebAIM.

They are aware of the McAfee SiteAdvisor alert: it is caused by a flaw in the SiteAdvisor monitoring program. McAfee say that their database will be updated within a week to indicate that the WebAIM site is completely safe.

There is full explanation on the SiteAdvisor web site: click here

(Apologies to Woody Ham for hijacking the thread.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…