Only one user can dial the internet

armacomroll 14:27 27 Apr 05

How do I alter my settings to allow other user accounts to access the internet on my computer.I originally set it for the main administor {being me} only, to be able to connect and would now like to allow other user accounts to be able to connect to the internet.I am using tiscali with XP

GroupFC 15:06 27 Apr 05

I can't remember all the details. (I am at work at the moment and this machine only has one user my machine at home has several and is set-up so that they can all access the internet).

I think what you need to do is look through all the internet settings and somewhere you should find a check box something along the lines of "allow all users to use this connection".

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but at least it will bump you up the list! - When I get home later tonight I'll have good look and if this thread is still going give you chapter and verse!

mgmcc 16:00 27 Apr 05

Open the Network Connections folder and double click your dialup connection. In the box that opens there is the option-

Save this user name and password for the following users:
- Me only
- Anyone who uses this computer

Select the second option (and I suspect you will have to re-enter the password and actually connect in order to save the changed setting).

GroupFC 16:14 27 Apr 05

That's what I was trying to remember!

armacomroll 17:27 27 Apr 05

Thanks for your help but had no joy. I have opened the network connections box and double clicked the dialup connection but the box that opens is the connect to tiscali box. Clicking on properties of that box gives several options, but no option for save user name and password for the following users. please keep suggestions flowing.

lotvic 20:22 27 Apr 05

start > connect to > tiscali - and the box that then comes up should contain the 'Anyone who uses this computer ' box for you to tick

GroupFC 21:23 27 Apr 05

That's the other box I was trying to remember!

I ticked all that when I was setting my internet connection ages ago, and only had a vague recollection how I did it!

Why are these things always so hard to find?!

mgmcc 08:58 28 Apr 05

<<<I have opened the network connections box and double clicked the dialup connection but the box that opens is the connect to tiscali box.>>

Correct and the option is immediately below the Username and Password boxes.

<<<Clicking on properties of that box gives several options, but no option for save user name and password for the following users>>>

No, as above, the option is in the initial box that opens, you don't have to go into Properties.

armacomroll 11:47 29 Apr 05

thanks for the advise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…