Only my laptop does not connect to the network

generous88 04:33 AM 21 Jan 11

I am part of a shared network of 5 or 6 people. everything used to be ok for 2 months. but now everywhile my laptop is not able to connect to the network, I have to ask the router owner to reset the router. it starts working again but maybe for 2 or 3 days and sometimes even for just a couple of hours and it's not able to connect again. The other guys have no such a problem. so is there something i should do with my laptop?

mgmcc 18:20 PM 21 Jan 11

Try deleting the existing wireless "profile" and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again when a new profile will be saved.

generous88 19:43 PM 21 Jan 11

actually, i've already formatted the C: and installed a new windows copy, and the problem still exists

mgmcc 22:43 PM 21 Jan 11

See if the router's owner can change the Channel number that it operates on. Routers normally use 6 or 11 as their default so try one of these or, if already using one, try the other. This *WON'T* cause a problem for other users whose adapters will automatically adjust to the different Channel.

generous88 16:25 PM 22 Jan 11

we tried but unfortunately same problem

mgmcc 14:36 PM 23 Jan 11

Do any of the others in the network use a USB Wireless Network Adapter? If so, could you borrow one to see if that works reliably, which might establish whether your Laptop's own adapter has developed a fault?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED