Only my google toolbar works

TommyRed 16:45 30 Jan 04

The ones on the 3 other user accounts don't and neither does MSN messenger, though I don't have it on my user account. I have run Spybot and Ad-aware on the other accounts and cleaned out 100 plus nasties, also removed the toolbar and re-installed it. My OS is XP home and I run AVG with the latest updates. Any ideas what it could be? Don't want to use system restore if I can help it as I had rather a large download which I'd prefer not to do again. TIA TR

TommyRed 17:17 30 Jan 04

^

TommyRed 18:32 30 Jan 04

bump

TommyRed 18:37 30 Jan 04

Just had some extra info from one of the kids who reckons it's IE thats affected, as the majority of web pages visited don't function. I want to try doing a 'repair' to IE, which I believe is reached through 'Add/Remove programs'. The only IE that I can see is IE Q824145 which I think is an update, where else will I find it? TR

VoG II 18:39 30 Jan 04
  VoG II 18:40 30 Jan 04

BTW, in what way does Google toolbar not work?

TommyRed 19:03 30 Jan 04

You can type in the search box but it doesn't actually carry out the search and return the results. TR

Stephanie 20:09 30 Jan 04

I had this problem with Google toolbar on a user account on my system. I emailed Google and they told me that it will not work on a limited user account. You have to have administrator priviledges enabled. They say they are working on the problem.

TommyRed 15:35 31 Jan 04

I think everyones got administrator rights on our PC, they aren't young kids. Turns out I had to bite the bullet and do a system restore until the beginning of the month, and then check after I'd installed programs to see if the problems occurred. It turned out to be Star download manager, which didn't affect my user account but did the others, looking now for an alternative. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…