Only current System Checkpoint

Jay78Dee 15:18 03 Jul 04

Why has System Restore suddenly started showing only the current day's checkpoint? It used to have three or four, which was useful if one didn't notice a mess until a few days later! Now it only shows one - mostly, though I have surprised it with two on occasion! I keep the full 12% space for it. Could it have something to do with either a new partition (which doesn't have any space allotted) or a misguided use of System Works ages ago, which I deleted in a hurry, as the cure was more trouble than the symptoms.

rawprawn 15:33 03 Jul 04

Have you looked at June,it is posible you may only have one resyore point in July

BurrWalnut 16:31 03 Jul 04

Could the interval between checkpoints have been changed?

In WinXP, Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore. In RPGlobalInterval it is set to 86400 (seconds) which represents 24 hours. Change it accordingly.

Jay78Dee 15:33 04 Jul 04

I should have thanked you both before I said it was resolved! I need courage before I go into the Dreaded Registry, but I'll give it a go. It's nothing to do with the earliness of the month, as the problem goes way back to the Norton thingy i mentioned. Funny, now and again, there are 2 or 3 bold dates..... (But never when I want them!)
Jay78Dee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now