Only 2 downloads for Photoshop elements 8

Jim W. 16:11 23 Jun 10

Apparently there are only 2 downloads allowed with Photoshop elements 8. My family would like to download it 3 or 4 times on different computers. Can this be done?

Pine Man 16:28 23 Jun 10

Surely all you need to do is download it once and burn it to a DVD. Then install it on as many computers as your licence allows.

john bunyan 16:52 23 Jun 10

I think the licence is for two computers only. MS W7 is for one only, Office suite 2007 for 3, etc.
If you could buy one DVD and simply copy it for as many PC's as you like, the vendors would soon make no money. You can de- register it from one PC and put it on another PC.

hssutton 16:56 23 Jun 10

As John says. At least that's the way it works on Photoshop

Jim W. 09:09 24 Jun 10

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I will try your suggestions. My old Elements was downloaded about 6 times with no problems!

ventanas 10:35 24 Jun 10

Two machines only I'm afraid. Version 8 actually has to be activated, but this is done in the background without any message that it is so doing. You do not see it happening.
If you install to any more than two machines you will get a message that you have exceeded your licence.
If you look in Help\About you will see an option to de-activate so it can bee installed elsewhere, but no more than two at a time. One of these must be on a portable as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017