only 16 colours on monitor

Rosam 08:16 10 May 03

Having recently installed a CD-RW on My Packard Bell running Windows 98, I encountered and resolved a number of problems but have not been able to get the monitor to show more than 16 colours.
The computer was bought 1998 with Windows installed but no Cds were supplied.
In device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark against the keyboard but I can find no identified conflicts, could this be relevant?
Can anyone help?

jimv7 08:19 10 May 03

Its lost the graphic card drivers and defaulted to its own drivers,
Reinstall the graphic card, if you have not got the drivers, download them from the net, after first identifing which graphic card you have.

powerless 08:26 10 May 03

The keyboard ! Mark don't worry about that if all the keys are working then the keyboard is ok.

Graphics driver? I'm guessing you have onboard grpahics, the trick is to find the manufacturer on the onboard grpahics. Then install updated drivers to give you more than 16 colours.

click here this will tell you your grpahics under "Display".

Just post back the info displayed.

If it fails to show you the Display click here and downlaod AIDA32 - Personal System Information install and go to "Display" again.

You need updated drivers.

powerless 08:28 10 May 03

doh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…