Only 16 colours?

IT Boff 17:52 21 Jul 06

Hi,

I recently re-inatalled my PC operating system. and Now it only has 16 colours. It used to have 256 colours. How can I get the option for this back?

Diodorus Siculus 17:54 21 Jul 06

You need to install the correct drivers for the graphics card.

Diodorus Siculus 17:54 21 Jul 06

click here for SIW which will ID your graphics card

IT Boff 16:50 23 Jul 06

Ok, I don't really understand the SIW thing, nor can I find anyhting about ID.

I have been tooking for a driver for the monitor on the Internet, as this does not have a propper driver. But with no sucsess. It was said above that it is the driver for the grapics card which is the prboblem, but without the SIW thing, is there a way to find out the driver for it?

johnnyrocker 16:57 23 Jul 06

click here then browse manufacturers site?

johnny.

Belatucadrus 18:15 23 Jul 06

You don't want a driver for the monitor, you want one for the graphics card, or if it's onboard the MOBO. If you run SIW and look at Hardware/Video/Description, it should identify the relevant card. Then go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers.

woodchip 18:33 23 Jul 06

You need Drivers for the Graphics card not monitor

IT Boff 16:58 24 Jul 06

Thanks for all the responces. I have tried the SIW thing again and under the discription it says "Name" "Standard Display Adapter (VGA)"
This is the name of the adapter I installed wilst trying to get it to work. What do I do now?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 24 Jul 06

Do you have a cd, that came with the PC, containing drivers?

Gongoozler 17:26 24 Jul 06

Hi IT Boff. 256 colours = you should have thousands of colours! Can you tell us what make and model computer you have and what version of Windows you're using.

Diodorus Siculus 17:27 24 Jul 06

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
click here

If you don't have a CD, give Belarc a go - it may be better at discovering the graphics component.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…