Only 16 bit colour

funkam 09:22 11 Jun 03

Please help, my pc graphics card will only display 16 bit colour and reverts back each time I try to change it.Thanks a lot Funkam

bof:) 09:47 11 Jun 03

funkam have you tried reinstalling your graphic's card drivers?

What operating system are you using?

Pesala 13:55 11 Jun 03

Mine will manage 32-bit colour, but only at 1024 x 768 pixels. If I try to increase the resolution the number of colours drops to 16-bit. I have 32 Mbytes of onboard shared graphics memory. It doesn't matter, 16-bit colour is fine, it won't affect the numbers of colours used in your prints. I find the higher resolution too fuzzy any way, so I don't use it.

If you really meant to say 16 colours, then you do have problem.

funkam 17:21 11 Jun 03

Im on windows 98,I dont have any drivers.It is 16 colours

Pesala 18:01 11 Jun 03

State your graphics card, or onboard graphics chip, Operating System, and other relevant details. Then maybe someone can help. I am not too sure what you need to do.

Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Display Adapter will show you what you have. You say you have no drivers. Why not? Did you have them before, install a new card, reformat your drive. Is anything shown in Device Manager? At least a generic driver.

woodchip 18:04 11 Jun 03

There is a difference in 16 bit and 16 colours, which is it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…