Online security renewal too expensive

taskmaster 12:32 31 Dec 10

My Norton IS 2010 renewal due soon and yet the online price is some 50% more than NIS 2011 is available in shops ! Can I purchase in the high street and simply install it over the existing NIS 2010 when it expires?

northumbria61 12:39 31 Dec 10

This should answer your query - click here

ICF 13:53 31 Dec 10

Why pay when there are free virus and spyware software available.click here click here

onthelimit 13:57 31 Dec 10

If you choose the free route (I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Superantispyware), make sure you use Norton's own tool to remove it before installing some other antivirus software.

Terry Brown 15:09 31 Dec 10

The question you should be asking is 'How much is my online security worth and an I satisfied with what I have'.

Personally I use Kaspersky, but you pay your money (or opt for free software) and make your choice.
Terry

xania 15:16 31 Dec 10

I have been with NIS for many years and, each time renewal comes up I simple scan Ebay for the best offering and thats it. Last time was a bonus - 3 PC's covedred for 2 years downloaded for £20. And all legal. Shop around when you
are about 2 weeks from due date and see what's on offer.

DippyGirl 15:52 31 Dec 10

Avira/Comodo/ThreatFire in realtime
MBAM and SUPER-As on demand
... that said anything financially sensitive I do on-line - bank,shop etc - is from a linux image (no banking/CC userid/pw details etc are held un-encrypted on disk )
But as Terry rightly says you ask the question and make the choice you are comfortable with

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…